The X-33 was a sub-orbital technology demonstrator for the larger Lockheed Martin VentureStar single-stage-to-orbit reusable launch vehicle. It was created with the goal of significantly reducing the cost of sending payloads to orbit and to approach airline-like turnaround times between launches. Unfortunately, the X-33 was cancelled in 2001, but this specialized parts kit lets you build a similar craft for KSP. Features include:
Parts to make your own X-33 inspired (NOT A REPLICA) SSTO or something more kerbal.
Optimized for JNSQ, but works fine in stock scale- just empty the forward and aft tanks for stock scale.
Custom launchpad parts for immersive game play.
REQUIRES NO PLUGINS OR MODS, but it can support DockRotate, KSP-DepthMask, ModuleManager, Servo-Controller, Snacks, Wild Blue Decals, Wild Blue Tools, and more.
Version 1.2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3
Released on 2022-06-21
- The Mk-33 Nose Cone is now animated and can open and close like its docking nose cone cousin.
Download (99.41 MiB)
Version 1.2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3
Released on 2022-06-20
Waterfall configs by Roger
Download (95.64 MiB)
Version 1.1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3
Released on 2021-10-15
Fixed issue where the Mk-33 Krew Module wasn't able to dock with the Clamp-O-Tron docking port (or any size1 port).
Download (82.78 MiB)
Version 1.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.2
Released on 2021-08-04
New Parts (requires Breaking Ground DLC, Kerbal Attachment System recommended)
- Payload Crane: This payload crane enables you to hoist payloads in and out of the Mk-33 payload bay.
- Payload Crane Control Cab: This single-occupant command pod is designed to operate with the payload crane.
- Payload Crane Docking Piston: This specialized robotics part is designed to adjust the height at which the crane can dock to the Mk-33.
- LY-C2 Crane Wheel: This retractable wheel enables you to drive the Payload Crane around.
- Updated for KSP 1.12 support. You can still fly in KSP 1.11.2.
- Increased lift on the probe core, forward tank, and cockpit.
- Added stock cargo capacity to the Mk-33 Airlock.
- Added optional Snacks support to the Extras folder.
- Recalibrated the cryogenic engines patch for Classic Stock Resources. It is calibrated to deliver a maximum of 20.5 tonnes into a 250km orbit in JNSQ.
- Recalibrated the cryogenic engines patch for Community Resource Pack. It is calibrated to deliver a maximum of 20.5 tonnes into a 250km orbit in JNSQ.
Download (80.85 MiB)
Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2
Released on 2020-09-21
No changelog provided
Download (83.78 MiB)
Stats for Mk-33
Downloads over time
Downloads per version
New followers per day